Friday, October 09, 2015

Colouring Book Theatre: Horror


Horror (1982), World Publishers
        
It's weird to be doing a Colouring Book Theatre on a Friday but this October and this is one of the coolest colouring books I've ever found.

I discovered this in a shop called Planet of Stuff and bought it unopened mainly because it had Peter Cushing as Arthur Grimsdyke on the cover!

The content is just as grisly and gory.


Grab your (red) crayons  and join me after the jump







LOTR coloring book

Just another shot at that cover and it's mish mosh of horror images from Hammer, Universal and Amicus. 

LOTR coloring book

The guts of the book are mainly reworked images from stills, some are recognizable, others have been reworked a little but you know the vibe. This one is pretty easy.

LOTR coloring book

A Vincent Price Vampire!


LOTR coloring book


Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Lon Chaney Jr.




Lord of the Rings coloring book

Getting an Igrid Pitt vibe here, I could be wrong.



Lord of the Rings coloring book

Im-Ho-Tepp!


Lord of the Rings coloring book

This one's pretty easy.

Lord of the Rings coloring book

Doctor Phibes!
Lord of the Rings coloring book

Basil Rathbone?
Lord of the Rings coloring book

Even Henry Hull, I cannot love this book more. Wish I knew who the artist was.

Another Monster Colouring book:



 If you have a submission for colouring book theatre drop me a line at brick *at* plaidstallions.com!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great coloring (or colouring) book! I believe the "Basil Rathbone?" picture is supposed to be David Warner, as "Evil" from "Time Bandits".

Unknown said...

I had this colouring book. It had a picture of two werewolves. That's what bought me here I'm trying to find the picture but it's not on here

Unknown said...

Greetings, I would have loved this Horror Colouring Book as a wee horror and monster mad boy growing up in Wales during the late 1970s and early 80s.
I believe the witch-like woman is Barbara Steele (Black Sunday, 1960), rather than Ingrid Pitt. 'Fangs' for bringing it to our attention.
Adam Bradley (47), North Wales, UK.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin