Friday, February 15, 2013

Lost Star Trek Merchandise


I was thumbing through the 1979 Southbend catalog the other night (click on it to enlarge) and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any of this stuff got made.

Southbend made some cool toys for the movie, particularly and electronic Enterprise that is still quite popular with collectors but I've never seen that figurine set.

That's a shame because I've explained before, I kind of have a low level obsession with Star Trek: The Motion Picture, not so much the movie but the merchandise. I was nine when it came out and TOTALLY got wrapped up in the hype. I gleefully read the Marvel comic adaptation while eating my happy meal, hoping to pick up more Mego figures.


I think I fell asleep during the movie but who cared?

UPDATE: I've been told by several folks they remember having these toys, so it looks like there's nothing lost about these except that I don't own them. That will change, oh yes, that will....


Other Star Trek Toy Links

AHI



classic star trek toys

1 comment:

Jan Ferris said...

interesting stuff, did we really look like that?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin